Sunday, July 09, 2023

Week 5: Vienna and Munich

What a wonderful week this was. Both Vienna and Munich were wonderful and beautiful places. After an 8-hour train ride, we made it to Vienna! The train went relatively smooth, and I am slowly becoming a travel-by-train enthusiast! My first thoughts of Vienna were that it was beautiful and stunning. The walking tour was a pleasant surprise. Dr. Schnable was a very knowledgeable tour guide and made the tour very interesting and thought provoking. I also loved the tour of the crypts. I just find it so fascinating that there is so much history in one city.  

However, my favorite part of Vienna was definitely Josephinum Museum. Seeing those old wax figures was stunning. They were so beautiful and detailed, and I couldn't believe how they studied anatomy in the past. I also found the other museums we went to fascinating as well. Seeing the molds of the past disease too was fascinating because they were so detailed. After a few days of staying in the city, I realized that this was one of my favorite places that we have been to. it was beautiful and a place that I would want to come back to. 

After Vienna, Linh and I were off to Munich in one of the most pleasant train rides that I had. Arriving in Munich we went out on the town and had a great night. The next day we went to the Botanical gardens and a palace. As always the buildings were stunning, and I am always amazed at the beautiful plants that can grow in Germany at this time of the year. We happened to be in Munich during Pride, so we caught the celebration. One thing that was crazy to me was seeing the juxtaposition between the pride parade and the old buildings that were the backdrop of such festivities. It was a crazy sight and made me think about what the people who occupied this city back then would think of such festivities. 

Nevertheless, we headed back to Bonn to have one last week in Germany. I am getting sad that my journey is coming to an end, but I have one last week to enjoy my time and the weather here! 

No comments: