Sunday, July 09, 2023

Week 4: Bonn and around

 I must admit, after that hectic weekend, I wanted a break from all of the traveling and focused on my studies and exploring Bonn more. My host mom, Eva, was excited to have me back, and we were able to chat more! Now that we had known each other for long, the ice was broken, and conversation flowed freely. She told me great stories about here time travelling when she was younger, and I really enjoyed those moment. 

The lectures were also very interesting this week. I loved the lecture given by Reagan and appreciated the effort put in to make sure that we learned about women historical figures in medicine. Additionally, the excursions we went on were very interesting. I particularly enjoyed our time south of Bonn when we went to Bingen and Andernach. The Johannes Winters Museum in Andernach was of particular interest because it was very interesting to see all the old technology and medicine used to treat medical problems in the past. One thing I found particularly interesting was the Iron lung. That device was definitely a feat of its time, and it was so interesting to see what they did in the past to treat polio. 

Next week, we will be travelling to Vienna, and I am excited for that! We will see where adventure takes us then! 

No comments: