Friday, August 25, 2017

Reflection

After weeks away from Europe, it is interesting to see the differences between America and Europe. There is always good and bad facts about both places. I missed free water in American restaurants, but now, I missed the wonderful bakeries that litter every town we went to in Europe. I personally realized that I liked walking everywhere so I missed doing that in Europe all the time. It was wonderful to see the small differences between different places and this trip made my love for traveling higher than I could ever imagine. By taking a study abroad and by incorporating the environment with the classes, I felt that I was able to related to the material so well. One funny thing during the rest of my summer was when I went to a spa during my family vacation. My mother wanted to treat me for my birthday so she made an appointment for us. I felt bad for my mom since I kinda gave her a lecture on spas and sauna rooms during our use. However, my mom enjoyed it and it made me realize how much I liked the sauna.
I felt this study abroad let me experience so many things that I didn't think was possible. I know was going to do trips and go to classes. But, I didn't expect to be making smores with my host family or forming sushi/kimbap during the weekends or even dancing to despacito or teaching an adele song to my host sister. I saw so much of the German culture that itself made my study abroad worth it. And to think that we also went on trips to explore and learn more fantastic knowledge. This trip opens your mind on many levels. On a side note, I do seriously want to take my family to Vienna because I think everyone would enjoy it.
When I first came back, I was happy to be home because I never went out of the country for such a long period of time. I missed my free water and A/C, but I didn't missed the hot weather. But, after being in Texas for a while, I realize I want to go traveling and go see other places and experience new journeys. I still will hold a part of my heart for Texas, that is a fact, but I also want to see other parts of the world. I think it would be fascinating to see how the world handles health care and to see their point of view. All in all, I felt that I was about to expand my view of the world during my study abroad and I can reflect on my personal experience to form my opinion or view of our world.

No comments: