Thursday, March 03, 2011

Yearning for a Place from the Past

It has been two and a half months since our return from Germany, and not a day goes by that I don't recall events from our time there. While everyday there was filled with adventure and fun experiences, life post study abroad has been nothing but projects, equations, tests, applications and essays. Oh, how I yearn to escape back to our days in Germany. Being back has made me appreciate the study abroad experience much more than when we initially were there and when we initially returned. I will make plans to return one day. Perhaps post graduation or perhaps a time in the distant future. However one thing is for sure,when I return, I will be sure to return with as a great group of people as this last trip. They truly made every moment on the trip 100% enjoyable.

Were my expectations for the trip met? I absolutely think so. The surgeries I witnessed, the food I ate, the experience of each city we visited,the weekend trips, the interactions with the people; all these things went beyond my expectations. I never expected that I would fall in love with a city like I did with Bonn, Cologne, and Prague. I never expected to see a total artificial heart replacement. I didn't expect to see a bypass and a valve replacement surgery in the same surgery. I didn't even expect to become such great friends as I did with most of the people in my group.

I wish to thank the AIB, especially Nihls, along with Dr. Wasser for making this trip a success. If it wasn't for them, we would still be lost in Europe and our trip would have just been a regular trip, not an experience of a lifetime.

Thank you everyone.

No comments: