Saturday, March 05, 2011

Only in my Dreams

While it was been over two months since we arrived back home, the whole trip still feels like a dream. I cannot believe that I actually went to not only one foreign country, but FOUR countries and had one of the best experiences of my life. Since the day we arrived in Houston, life has been filled with projects, tests, studying, and stress. I yearn for those “long” Germany days filled with adventure, new experiences, amazing food, and fun. This study abroad experience, I can say, was truly unique. From the people who went, to the surgeries observed, to all the museum and city tours, this was truly an experience that I could only imagine in my wildest dreams.

Dr. Wasser and Nils helped make our program become what it was. I’m sure it was not the easiest thing in the world to plan a wonderful three week trip for sixteen American college students. We all have a wide variety of interests, but I am certain that every one of our expectations were met due to the exquisite planning done by Dr. Wasser, Nils, Joy, and the rest of the AIB family. Every little detail of our day was thoroughly planned out. It became very obvious to me how difficult it actually was when we began planning our two free weekends. The first weekend, when we arrived in Prague, I think we must have sat in the train station for nearly an hour trying to plan our day out so that everyone was happy. Needless to say, we went our separate ways.

As I sit in class, I catch myself daydreaming of our adventures in Deutschland and new adventures that I will have in the future. A long time ago I made myself a promise that I would travel as much as I possibly could. I would not let money, fear, or anything else get in the way of me living my life to the fullest. This trip was the beginning of that adventure. I know that I will return to German some day. However, the new experienced that I encounter will be far below my experiences from this trip. I couldn’t have asked for a better group to share this with.

Thanks Papa Penguin, Papa Duck, Papa Bear, and the rest of the crazy animals in our zoo for making this an experience of a lifetime.

No comments: