Thursday, March 03, 2011

I Miss Zee Germans...

What a splendiferous experience it was to go on this trip. I got to thank Dr. Wasser and the crew at AIB for putting together such a freaking awesome trip. The time and effort put into scheduling all the tours, hospital visits, museums, surgeries and all the other junk must have been enormous. But ya’ll should know that it was definitely worth it. Nils, man what a bad-a dude. He has got to win an award for all the trouble we put him through; losing tablets and transportation passes, and doctor visits, plus I’m sure we cramped his style. But seriously Nils thanks for all the trouble you went to to make our experiences abroad the best they could be.

Now that I’m back and in the middle of test week I find myself drifting off into daydreams about sitting in some café in Berlin or Köln blending in with the natives. There would really be nothing more peaceful to me right now than to be back in Germany minding my own, fading into the background of the everyday scene. It’s a good motivator, if I really want to spend some more time abroad I have to get through college and land a solid job. Or maybe ill just be Euro drifter. I could be a professional “blackrider,” and just hop form city to city making my money by kidnapping Liam Neeson’s. (Taken reference) Just kiddin I wouldn’t do that. But speaking about Liam Neeson, I have to recommend his newest movie The Unknown solely on the fact that we pretty much went everywhere he goes in the movie. Its pretty cool to recognize all the landmarks, and to say to the person next to me at the movies “I’ve been there.” They get annoyed quickly when you don’t know them. But if your looking for a cool way to remember Berlin then go see that movie.

I cant wait to go back. There are so many things that I want to do again. After the first time I got to go abroad I thought that I was just going to be a once in a lifetime deal, but I was lucky enough to experience it again. Now I can’t let it stop at just that. The trip opened my eyes and gave me a taste for something new and I can’t believe how much of an impact it has had on me, and how its changed my plans for the future. What I hope to do is get a job outside of the US. I never really had the desire before I went on this program. So once again, thanks Dr. Wasser, AIB, Nils Joy and A&M for putting together a great program!

No comments: