Friday, March 11, 2011

Reflexionen

Location: College Station, Texas

So... it has been some time since my last posting; but it has certainly not been some time since I last thought about the journey through Germany and Austria. So many wondrous things seen, so much knowledge gained. I will do my best to put my varied thoughts into words (perhaps I should have done a better job of organizing when I unpacked).

This study abroad trip was everything that I expected it to be, and then some! Currently, I am using my experiences to help me write a paper for my Animal Science Seminar class, I was able to use my time at the Hanover Cattle Center in my interviews for Texas A&M's Vet School, and the emotions that I felt there have stayed with me, rising to the top of my thoughts while situations play out here in the States. The only negative from this trip is that for the past two weeks I have had a strange craving for a German-style donor kebab. As soon as I get my own kitchen, I will find some lamb and make one.

It seems short, but this just about sums up what I can say about the "History of Medicine in Germany and Austria." This trip was definitely the best thing I have ever done. Anyone out there reading this humble blog post, I most certainly recommend a trip overseas. Seeing a foreign land, an alien people, a distant culture, is an awe-inspiring sight that shows just how much all peoples have in common. Thank you to everyone who was with me in this odyssey, and thank you to everyone who worked behind the scenes. I cannot thank you enough for making this experience possible.

Gute Reise, Freunde!

No comments: