Thursday, June 21, 2007

T Minus 15 days

My expectations, anticipations, pre-flight worries, excitement...

I've been here before... as a freshman, I traveled to Australia for a conservation project in the rain forest. It was great fun and I am definitely happy I decided to partake in such an activity. The only thing I would have changed about the whole experience is that I wish that I would have known somebody going with me. This time around, fortunately, I have a buddy going with me to indulge in the "legal" activities and such... haha

12:17 pm June 21, 2007
Sitting at my computer, in my boxers listening to Lil' Wayne, hung over from a night of bar tending... I think to myself, my expectations are as always when traveling, expect the unexpected... Go with the flow, and take what Europe has to throw at me. I've been to other countries, stayed in hostels, stayed with host families, eaten "authentic" food, used their public transportation and it's awesome. My anticipation grows, now that I've actually looked at a calendar and I've seen that there are only 15 days until my flight. Man, I love planes, I think that the actual traveling part (i.e. car ride, plane, train) is the most fun part of traveling. You know how airport security does random searches of bags before getting on the plane? Well, for some reason I always have my bag searched... always haha I'm always worried they'll pull something out of my bag that's not suppose to be there. Not that I carry around anything that shouldn't be there, but there's always that thought that crosses my mind. Or that when I thought I booked my flight to Dusseldorf in April, I actually booked it to Singapore. Man, stuff like that always happens to me... I am definitely excited to see what Europe has to offer me, and what I can get out of the experience... Knowledge wise, culture wise, and "legal" wise...

No comments: