Sunday, February 24, 2013

Yep, We Are Definitely Back in America


February 24, 2013
Here goes my last blog from the small city of College Station, Texas. I have been back from Germany for almost a month and half now. Everything has continued on as if no remarkable trip happened. But I am now starting to realize I should not have expected things to change around me, but within me. The first night we were in Germany I was mind blown how there was a whole new world in Germany. Of course I have known there are millions of people on this earth, but I guess I never understood the massive part of the world that I was missing out on. I was walking down the pebbled roads of Bonn just people watching, and it finally hit me. At that moment, I realized how amazing of an experience this was going to be. My favorite thing to do was to listen to people speak German. Some of the stereotypes of Germans were true especially how blunt they are, but overall I sincerely enjoyed their company and learning about their way of life. I learned so much on this trip not only about the history of medicine, but also about myself. I feel like I have become more open minded about some things, but I have also been slapped in the face with other realizations. It is still hard for me to imagine that I was halfway across the world only a month and a half ago, but it sure is fun when I am reminded of it. Every now and then I continue to start my stories off with “in Germany…” and it makes me so happy that I am able to do that. I look forward to being an 80-year-old grandma one day and telling everyone about the time I went to Germany. I think I did my best to let Germany engulf me. This trip has made me appreciate where I come from, and to enjoy the places that life will take me. I could not have asked for a better group of people to spend the trip with, nor will I ever forget the crazy memories we made. 

No comments: