Thursday, February 21, 2013

Final Thoughts

Germany, what an experience. Although there were some things that I did not care for over there, I find myself still constantly looking at the clock, adding seven hours, and thinking about what I would be doing if I was over there. Throughout the last few days of the trip the group was constantly talking about the first thing we were gonna do when we arrived back in the US. The first meal I had was good mexican food and the first thing I did was hug my family. In the beginning I was bummed about not going for a semester, but after the trip and feeling all the feelings I felt, a wintermester was perfect! A few things I miss would be there food, brew, lifestyle, the ease of traveling, all the adventures, and most of all spending time with our group! When I say I miss the food I mean all the german specialties as well as their food in general. Everything was so fresh there. Their beer was so delicious and smooth. I can't seem to find a beer in the states that comes close to that. When I say their lifestyle, I mean the fact that they started their day late, and ended it early. In america we are so obsessed with working, that we start early and end way too late. In Germany, it was so easy to get from point a to point b. I liked that a lot. While we were there it was definitely tiring going from place to place all day, but it was definitely never a routine. Now I am back into the daily routine here and it's quite boring. Lastly, I miss our group, we have yet been able to all get together, and I miss that. We all spent days together and now I have yet to see some of them since our return to the US and Aggieland. All in all it was a great experience!

No comments: