Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Back in the Lone Star State

Wow, it's been an entire month upon returning; I have been thinking of all the different things I would say here, and after waiting to write it for a month that list has changed completely! When I got home the very first meal I had was seafood and steak, something I had been craving while over there, I also washed it down with a water (in a glass bigger than a shot glass). I was also so eager to drive my car again! So basically while I was thinking about this post while leaving Germany, I had a ton of stuff I thought I was going to complain about, but now that I am actually typing this and thinking about it I am realizing that I miss it more than ever. I have found myself day dreaming of returning to the same places, and wishing that I had more time to spend there. I have been really wanting a good bratwurst for lunch and a snitchel for dinner. I really miss that every city had it's own special brew of beer. I miss the access to hop on a train and go anywhere at just about any time of day. I wish that I had a longer time there! A few of my friends are over there for the semester program and I see their posts and pictures and it makes me with I was still there with them! My sleep schedule stayed on Germany sleep cycle for about a week, which was really nice. I would be going to bed early and waking up early without ever needing an alarm. One weekend with my friends changed that immediately and I was back to staying up late and hitting the snooze for as long as possible. So I guess if I am to sum this up in a few sentences I would say, I wish my time there was longer, meaning that I would love to have done the semester program. I miss the food and drinks a lot, and don't enjoy paying for gas. I also plan on returning to Europe as soon as possible, it was everything I thought it would have been and more!

No comments: