Sunday, January 08, 2012

I love Prague....Prague Prague Prague (to the tune of Ron Burgandy's song, "I Love Scotch")

So I guess you can probably tell that I love Prague!

Everyone told me how beautiful Prague is, and I must say I was not disappointed. The city literally looks like something out of a fairy tale. Pretty much all of the buildings are old and majestic and look like they belong in a palace. Prague actually reminded me a lot of Budapest, because of the layout of the city and the river that divides it, but Prague was more beautiful. The hostel we stayed in was super fun as well! I got to meet so many people from different countries, which was pretty amazing. And the 9 person sleepover in our room was pretty interesting to say the least haha. The hostel was your typical European hostel, with plenty of conversation and a cool little pub in the basement where everyone hung out. The group spent some time there on Friday night since we got in pretty late, but Saturday was jam packed!

We began the day on Saturday with a walk up to the monastery overlooking the city. It gave us such good views of the city and it was absolutely gorgeous. It even snowed while we were up there! Except we couldn't find the tram up the mountain so we did a nice little hike to start our day. And now I know how horribly out of shape I am. There aren't hills in College Station! Anyways, after we visited the monastery we walked back down and wandered around the city until we stumbled upon the castle and cathedral, which were also, you guessed it...gorgeous. It was hard not to take a million pictures since everything was so pretty. Then we crossed the Charles' Bridge to get to the other historical part of the city and walked around the Jewish Quarter and the Old Town Square. We had an amazing lunch of beer and pasta...two things I've never really had together...but hey it was delicious.

Saturday night was an adventure to say the least! Our group went on a pub crawl hosted by the hostel. It was pretty crazy but really fun. There were so many people there from different countries, but then quite a few Americans. The pub crawl was a perfect thing to participate in since we didn't know the city that well. Now after a long day of traveling, the group finally made it to Hanover....all by ourselves!! Our professor and coordinator should be so proud! :)

Another busy week ahead! But I'm looking forward to every minute of it. It's sad to think I only have a week left here...but I'm really in need of some good tex mex and queso stat so Texas will come at the perfect time!

Until next time!

No comments: