Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hallo Deutschland!

Our big trip is finally almost here! It seems like the build up to this day has been monumental; purchasing of plane tickets, attending numerous pre-departure lectures, shopping for necessary winter gear, and planning what to do on our free weekend to name a few. And now we are less than a week out. For me atleast there is still much to be done, packing my bag and rechecking all my luggage to make sure I have everything that is needed. But, even with the daunting tasks that remain, the only thing I can think about is boarding my plane and finally being on my way. This will be my first time to be in Europe and I think it will be a great experience; I am looking forward to be exposed to a different society and areas that are very atypical of the common US city. I think the excursion I am most looking forward to is trip to the Otto Bock Science Center in Berlin. Touring this excellent facility will allow me to see first hand what cutting edge products are in the Biomedical Engineering profession. I think this production institution will be amazing to tour and learn about. Honestly though, I think every tour on this Study Abroad trip will be something to remember and will contribute to my overall experience on this trip. I'm participating in this trip mainly to be able to travel Europe and experience some of the excellent cities that it has to over while learning about historical aspects of medicine; I think doing this through Study Abroad will be advantageous to me because I won't have to plan every aspect of the trip. Its nice that the hotels are booked, train tickets purchased, and meals planned without any stress from me. This is a great feature of this trip. I can't wait to begin this trip and start living the excursions I've seen planned out on paper.

No comments: