Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Germany, here we come!

As our trip to Germany approaches, there is a lot to be doing and thinking about! I have just about gotten everything packed (I hope) and I'm checking it twice. I am trying to study up on a little German, but languages are not my strong suit!
I am very excited to see medical museums and facilities and by the look of our schedule, we will see a lot of awesome places. The history of medicine is such a unique context for experiencing Europe. I have been to Europe once before, the Champe Fitzhugh seminar with A&M in Italy, and I am very excited to experience Germany and Austria. I have been reading some of the articles that Dr. Wasser posted on our Elearning site and I have to say I am intrigued by the history, culture, and strength that binds Germans together. Learning some of the the German perspectives on world events has been eye-opening.
I am already feeling that blend of anxiety and excitement that tends to happen when I am asked to try something new, or moved outside my comfort zone. I'm slightly worried about the cold and the jet lag and the culture shock. I'm more than excited for the sights and sounds and tastes and smells of Germany!

No comments: