Saturday, February 09, 2008

Maybe My Final Post

It’s been about 4 weeks now since I left from Germany and returned to classes at A and M. I miss the abundant museums. I miss the beautiful parks in the city. I can’t forget the palaces that I visited particularly those in Potsdam. I miss the freedom to walk and use the transportation system to anywhere I want. If there was only one city I could revisit in Germany, it would be most definitely be Berlin. The history there may not be as old as that in Cologne, but it certainly presents many more opportunities to explore German and European culture. I am glad that we spent a large proportion of our time in Berlin. I also learned a lot about socialized medicine when I was there and how our system compares. There are a few things that we have back home that Europe didn’t afford like free refills and water at restaurants. Also, we also have free public restrooms. However, those are the only things I found unpleasant in Germany. Even though I came back sick and my luggage got lost at the airport, I would gladly go through it again to visit Germany. Hopefully, next time I can visit in either spring or fall when the weather is not so cold. Oh and Germany was definitely more fun visiting in a group than alone. It would be nice to visit again with everyone!

No comments: