Monday, February 04, 2008

Das (Last Post)

I've been running around the past week trying to get about a million little things done that are stuck in my head. It seems the more efficient I become, the more things I find to do. I remember last Easter, I believe, me and my room-mate were aghast that Wal-Mart was CLOSED at 2AM. How DARE Wal Mart EVER close? We were dying for some peeps, and were disgusted that the massive consumerism in our culture had failed us. Now, I realize, how very lucky we are to have so many commodities available to us ALL the time. Now that I'm back in my high-waste lifestyle, I realize how much healthier Internet Cafe's and fresh air were for me. One of the major reasons I went to Germany is because I get so sick of the sameness all around me. I needed something different, something to give me motivation later in life. I realize that I have found that in Europe. Their culture is so real and accessible by musesums and galleries galore. Now I am so excited to one day return to Europe to catch all the things I missed. It's so amazing to go to my Art History class and actually recognize monuments or statues-because I saw them with my own two eyes. I was also, strangely, craving some mineralwasser with a hint of lime-something that I think I could find only in Germany! I have also become quite an expert on identifying German names. My Psych prof finds it amusing that I always ask if a psychologist was German, because I find something familiar in the name. In all, I have learned to become a more reserved person and say only things that I mean. If I am NOT glad to see somebody, then I keep my mouth shut! And most of all, I would like some gelato for a euro eighty from one of those markets in the baunhof!

No comments: