Saturday, August 09, 2014

A Life Changing Ending

Europe was more than I could have imagined. I left with high expectations and returned more than fulfilled. It is an experience that I believe every young adult should endure. The entire trip consists of learning experiences far beyond what one can find in just a classroom. Behind the scenes tours of incredible places that not just any person could get. For example, speaking with workers at the zoo about the care and effort that goes into the animals they work with and then getting to get a private tour of the elephant homes was a memory that cannot be matched.
You grow as a person during the time you are there. Learning important aspects about their culture and actually being able to practice them in the process. It creates a respect outside of just reading or knowing about another country. Germany was also one of the most beautiful places in every possible way. Going down the Rhine river and seeing castle after castle, then getting to hike up to a castle and climb tunnels is probably one of the coolest treks through history. They tell you what the castles were used for -tolls on the river and why they were built that way.
We finished in one of the most unique cities, Berlin. A tour through this historic city take one through many time periods all at once. The Parliament House had a very classic look on the outside but the inside was extremely modern and there was a story to every major room. They also have one of the largest department stores in Europe, with the most incredible sixth floor dedicated to every kind of food one could dream of. The robotics prosthetics are by far the most innovative creations I have ever seen, this museum is extremely modern and even the building has a specific design and meaning.
Studying abroad was by far one of the best school/life challenges I have ever put myself to. If I could share every moment that made an impact to me, I would end up writing a book. There's not a moment, lesson or experience that isn't valuable in some way. I can only hope other college students take the opportunity and feel as passionate at the end as I do.

No comments: