Monday, June 30, 2014

Auf Wiedersehen amerika

There's officially two days left until we're on our way to Germany. I have yet to pack, but it's okay. I have so much adrenaline and nervous energy running through my veins it'll only take me 30mins max. This trip still doesn't feel real. Like who goes to Europe for six weeks? US, apparently.

I keep getting asked "why Germany?", "why are you studying abroad?", "how are you not scared to leave America?" etc. and now everyone will finally get their answers. First of all, why not? Earth is so beautiful I cannot imagine staying in the US, yet alone Texas, my entire life. I want to explore this majestical land we live upon and what better way to do it than in Europe where the culture and architechtural roots run so deep.  Plus I wanna be a Veterinarian and this program just gave me a bigger incentive to say "peace out America". Honestly, I've heard so much about Euro Vet med and it'll be awesome to learn about it..in Europe.

I'm trying to keep my expectations at a minimum because there are a variety of things that can go wrong when traveling abroad, but who am i kidding? It's Europe, my expectations couldn't be any higher. I want to see the touristy places of course, but i mainly want to live like a local. I want to dive right into the cultural customs and hit up all the funky local spots. I've been working on my German, I'm still getting it confused with my Spanish, but hopefully I can convince at least ONE person that I'm from Germany. I'm ready for everything Europe has to offer. From the food, to the museums, to the drinks, i'm ready for it all. The only thing I'm weary about is figuring out the trains, getting lost, and getting my cards/passport stolen. Also, the weather. I love to be prepared in terms of clothing and i basically feel like I have no idea what to expect or wear.

All things aside, this trip will probably be the highlight of my 20s, maybe even my life, who knows. I'm ready to dive into this Eurotrip and see it all. I know that I probably will change after this trip, at least my outlook on life will, but it'll be a welcoming change. BIS FOLGENDES MAL, xoxo.

No comments: