Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Germany Bound

 There's a little bit more than a week left before the trip starts and I find myself making a lot of lists. The planning for this program seems to consume my thoughts more than the trip itself honestly. This will be my first time to Europe and I really want it to be eye opening. Of course the sites will be unreal and the food will be amazing, but I'm really looking forward to this trip giving me a different perspective on the world, life, people. 

I've visited a lot a of places, mostly in the Gulf Coast, and I have never stayed long enough to experience how the people there live. I've never had enough interactions to get a glimpse of what it is like to be there everyday.  I think that aspect of this trip is what I'm most excited about and interested in. Since April I've read about Germany quite a bit, but I'm sure nothing will compare to hearing about it through personal stories. I would hope for my host family and I to become rather close, seeing as I don't refrain from asking questions. But in saying that I am nervous that my family won't be what I anticipate.


I'm trying to be open minded. To not have expectations. Because to be truthful I have no idea what to expect. Not just about my temporary family but the program as a whole. I think I'm going to enjoy only having a somewhat planned itinerary. That way it's still a relaxed, go with the flow kind of trip. Because although I'm a super chill person, I plan out almost everything. Hence the lists.

I can't wait to get to know everyone on the trip! And I'm hoping July doesn't fly by as fast as the begining of this summer seems to be doing.



 

No comments: