Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Ain't No Fortunate Son

That's a lie. It's true that I've been blessed with a lot in my life. This trip has made me appreciate that since I've been back. I've had this desire to want to be on my own for the last month, just to get away from everything. Maybe you could call it a travel addiction, but it seems that I just like being on my own. It was high time for something like this to happen in my life, with me going off to medical school and all. It's with this new experience that I hope to start anew with hope and ambition in my heart. I guess I've just learned that I can make it on my own, and have found such a self-satisfaction in that.

I've also been much more laid back since returning. I may have had more culture shock returning than on my arrival. Even in Atlanta, when I had to change flights, I was unsually perturbed by the uptight nature of airport security at what I thought were the most trivial things. The pace at which everyone walked and conversed was much quicker than in Europe, and made me long for the slower, easy going lifestyle abroad. So pretty much, I learned a lot about life while I was away, and have tried my best to remember and maintain those lessons since I've been back. I'm eternally grateful to everyone who made this trip what it was: Dr. Wasser, Steffi, Dr. Zack, AIB, and the other students. I haven't been keeping up with anyone, my life is crazy at the moment, but I need to make a few calls because I realllllly need to find out who makes the best pasta between Brian and La-Lew.

PEACE

Asher

No comments: