Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Lets go back.

Wow.  I can't believe that I've only been back in America for 3 months.  I feel like it has been a whole year.  It is probably due to everything picking back up again and going back to the fast pace of school, work, and other organizations.

Coming back to America, I didn't really feel much of a culture shock.  I was just glad to be back.  I may or may not have cried a little upon seeing my family when I got off the plane, but I blame the tears on the 20 hours of traveling and exhaustion.  The thing I enjoyed most about being home (besides the AC) was just the fact that I was home.  It was nice to be back in Texas and to enjoy some good ole Tex Mex.

Though the program was fast pace and we were always traveling, I didn't feel like I was constantly busy.  I was able to enjoy the moments I had and I honestly, can't wait to go back again someday.  Life on the Study Abroad Program was easy so to speak.  It was almost as if you got to leave all your commitments, duties, and stressors behind you as you left America.  It was an experience that I am forever grateful for.  The program allowed me to see the world in a whole different life.  Life is a little slower in Europe.  People don't stress as much.  They aren't as worried about being late because if they miss a train, there is always another one right behind it in 5 minutes.  They view life differently and in return, I know view it differently too.

Before the program, I was always stressed.  Whether it was about tests, assignments, graduate school applications, or just life in general, I could always find something to stress about.  However, after the program, I'm more at ease.  I know that everything is going to be okay and if it isn't, I can always just jump on a plane and head back to the countries that taught me to slow down a little.

My advice to anyone thinking about studying abroad is DO IT.  Trust me, you will not regret it.  The experience is truly once in a lifetime.  Everyone says it and I'm sure it is easy to think we are all crazy but we really do mean it.  The experiences you form in the countries along with the memories you form with your other students are simply amazing and something you'll carry with you for the rest of your life.

Don't hesitate, make the decision, and have the best summer of your life.

No comments: