Sunday, September 11, 2011

Munich, Part Zwei

[July 31] Having done very little in Munich last week, I took a train back there on Friday evening. As usual, it took me nearly an hour to find the place I’d booked to leave my things, and still I headed out to meet a friend at midnight, when nothing was open. But with a bit of optimism, it can be an adventure in itself to search the city at night to find a place to sit!

I slept later than I had in weeks, then walked the English Gardens all day. That evening I took a brewery tour and met an amusing assortment of people from all over the world; if I were to do it all over again, I would definitely take more of those tours and meet more of those people. On Sunday I found another coffee shop and wrote most of the entries you’ll see below, as well as a bit of personal writing.

I cannot believe it has been four weeks. I’m sure all of the other posts around me share similar sentiments, but maybe it bears repeating. These days have gone by so fast, I don’t know what to do with myself. All I know is I haven’t nearly seen as much as I would like. It’s really impossible, even with a month to do it in. I’ll just have to come back and tour the country again, I guess, when I’m rich and have another month to spare.

No comments: