Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Nothing will stand in my way of getting to Paris!!!!

It only took 8 hours and 6 different trains, but we made it to Paris! I definitely learned my lesson that you need to book trains in advance instead of waiting until the night before you are suppose to leave. Out of the 15 people that were originally suppose to be going to Paris, only 8 of us made it. Once we made it on the first train we were fortunate enough not to have any delays on the next five trains. On the fourth train that we road on we met two guys from Norway. Their names were Peter and Karl. They were a blast! I think they were the only other people in Europe that were crazy enough to take such a roundabout way of getting to Paris like us. We did not arrive into the train station in Paris until nearly midnight and we all went to our hotels and got some sleep.

Some of my favorite things in Paris:

Arc de Triomphe

Notre Dame

Eiffle Tower
One of my other favorite things about Paris was the food!! I think i probably ate about five crepes during my weekend in Paris. It was probably so unhealthy but I really did not care about that at the time. Someone should really think about opening a crepe place in College Station. I would spend all of my time there! I also loved the shopping!!! Although I could not afford anything from the majority of the stores that we saw, I was perfectly content with just walking through them. Paris was probably my favorite free weekend! Drew's cousin lives in Paris so it was really neat to be shown around by a local. We were able to see a lot of things that we otherwise would not have seen.

No comments: