Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back in Texas

While it was GREAT to return to Texas weather, I wish I could have stayed in Europe longer. Even though it is currently snowing, I know spring will get her much sooner than in Germany, and we’ve had some really pretty days. It was really hard to leave Europe when I didn’t know when I could go back again. When I started the program, I thought this might be my only chance to see Europe, or at least Germany. However, I am now certain that I will return; I just don’t know when. The logistics of another trip are a little daunting. I don’t know when I have the time or money to go back. I would really like to learn a foreign language so I could live over there. I am much more interested in taking an overseas job now or going for a year between undergrad and graduate school.

Almost every day, something happens that reminds me of my time abroad. I love Germany! Every day was an adventure. I liked experiencing snow for the first time. However, I missed seeing the sun. The public transportation was really convenient. When I returned to the states, I enjoyed driving my truck at first, but now it’s a pain to have to drive everywhere. Also, people in college station cannot drive as well as the people on the autobahn. I don’t know why we can’t drive like that. You can only pass on the left and then you get over. It’s so easy! Oh, well. I’m glad I get to cook my own food now. The hardest and most tiring part of the program was eating out every meal.

Hopefully I'll be back soon!

No comments: