Sunday, September 23, 2007

I miss Europe too!!

So I realized today it’s getting close to the end of September, which is pretty crazy, so I need to do my last blog. I can’t believe it’s been almost a month and a half since we were in Germany. Sometimes it feels like just yesterday, and then at other times it feels like I wasn’t even really there. The trip home was not so fun for me. I was so ready to be home, and then of course what happens, my flight in Berlin got delayed and I missed my flight in New York. Made it even worse that I got to see the airplane I was supposed to be on leaving the gate. It really sucked, and the New Yorkers are not the most sympathetic people. I made it to Atlanta that night, but had to stay in a hotel by myself, when I really should’ve already been home, with my family, sleeping in my own bed. But I finally made it home Saturday morning, and so did my luggage, which helped me to reconcile with Delta airlines. But I don’t plan on flying anywhere anytime soon though.
I absolutely love being home, but I miss Europe a lot. I guess it helps that I’ve been pretty busy with school and stuff that I haven’t had much time to think about exactly how much I miss it. But anytime I look at my pictures or see someone from the program, I get a little reminder of what an amazing experience it really was. It’s hard because I try not to talk about it too much to my family and friends because I know they get tired of my stories that start with, “In Europe…” And really, most of my stories, you just had to be there to really understand! I guess that’s what makes it special. And that’s what makes me so happy to have several people from our program in my classes, or just seeing someone on the way to class, or at the rec, or at a football game, or at the Texas Hall of Fame :) (seeing Dr. Musser dancing with his wife there was definitely a highlight). I haven’t seen everybody, and that makes me sad, and we seriously really need to have a reunion someday, with everyone there.
I have had a little reverse culture shock, but it hasn’t been as much as I expected. Using dollars again for the first time in 5 weeks was probably the weirdest thing, I don’t know why, but it was weird. But there’s way too much to go into, and I have a lot of studying to do because I have my first biochem test this week! So I hope everyone’s semester is going great so far!! Beat the hell outta Baylor next weekend (I’m trying to pretend the Miami game just didn’t happen at all)!! And hope to see all of ya’ll around!!! :)

No comments: