Sunday, September 30, 2007

Back in the States

A couple of summers ago, my friend mas went to study abroad in germany with dr. musser and dr. wasser. We wanted to go together, but at the time i couldnt afford the trip, so i decided to wait an extra year. The following Fall semester when i first met up with Mas, i couldnt shut him up about the trip. Everything we did, he would trace back to some experience he had in Europe that summer. I was getting annoyed, but not because of him, but because i was jealous that he was able to go.
When i got back to the states this summer, i told myself that i wouldnt bring up the trip unless someone brought it up. That didnt happen. It was hard not to tell anyone about my time in germany. Everything reminded me about something or someone in Europe. For the first couple of weeks i would look at my pictures multiple times a day, and was always glad to show them off to people.
Here at A&M, i feel like i belong to a special group. I've seen several of my classmates from europe and i try to say hi to all of them. It feels like we have that special connection with each other. Everytime i talk to one of them, it's hard not to imagine being in europe with him/her this summer. It's unfortunate that we have not been able to get together as a group. But i hope that we will soon.

No comments: