Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Time To Remember

So spring break has started and I finally have the opportunity to reflect on the past month and a half and realize how much the Germany trip has changed my perspective and contributed to my personal growth. There have been so many times so far this semester that I have been able to bring up the trip to Germany in conversation either to tell a story or to share a different perspective. I feel like I am also more qualified to form my own opinion on the health care system after being able to learn about the system in Germany and talk to different doctors there. I intensely miss the deep history and culture of Germany. It was fascinating to learn about how their history has shaped the country and effected its people even today.


It is still hard to grasp that only 6 weeks ago i was trudging through the deep snow in Europe! Its even more incredible that it has snowed twice in Texas since then! My time in Germany was an irreplaceable experience that I constantly find myself reflecting on. It was incredible to be able to travel a foreign country with my peers and absolutely incredible guides in Dr.Wasser and Olaf, who I hope I will continue to keep in touch with. It all seems like a sweet dream now, but I have evidence of with through the friendships I continue to maintain with some of the people from the trip. I thoroughly enjoyed my study abroad experience and dearly hope that I will be able to travel to Germany again to once again experience the beautiful culture and see my friend Olaf once again.

No comments: