Monday, February 21, 2005

Houston, we're good for takeoff!

Its been a bit since my last post and I wanted to update the Blog on events upcoming for summer 2005. We've achieved our recruitment goal and as of today have 13 students signed up for this summer's program! I'm very pleased and excited about this but I am planning on continuing to recruit through the end of this month and will try and get our numbers up by a couple more people.

We also have our dates settled on and CJ and Willum (my AIB colleagues) have sent me a draft itinerary which looks fantastic! The program for 2005 will begin on July 11 (so students will need to leave the US on Jul 10) and will end on August 12. We've moved the southern Germany excursion to a point earlier in the program and cut it a day or so shorter than last summer. This gave us the time to schedule a final 3 night trip to Berlin, where the program will officially terminate. From Berlin, students can either fly home or, stay in Europe and travel about some more! I and my colleagues here at A&M will work over the details for the next week or so and then fire it back to AIB. We should have a final itinerary and program plan done within the next month or so.
This is all good. I'm very pumped and am looking forward to finalizing the class roster and starting the pre-trip orientations in early March!

No comments: