Friday, February 04, 2005

Birth of a Blog!

Greetings!

This morning I went ahead and (finally) set up the Blog I've been threatening to use in my History of Medicine course to be taught this summer at the Akademie fuer Internationale Bildung in Duesseldorf, Germany. The plan is to make this a group Blog with all of my students, my co-professor, and maybe a few other folks as members with ability to log in and post. I'm thinking of having my students be required to post, if not daily, at least often, and report on what they've been up to in Europe, what things they've learned or experienced, what has particularly interested or excited them, and so on. The course profs and the students will be posting pictures and links to other websites as well as their comments and I'm hoping we can get some sort of interactive, educational gig going here! I plan to continue last year's project of student video journals as well and, I suppose, might ultimately be able to post some of the video to the Blog as well.
So--I'm going to play around with Blogging for the next couple of months--see what I can get it to do and how to do it and then--this summer in Duesseldorf, implement the group Blog for the course! Wiedersehen!
Jeremy Wasser

No comments: