Sunday, July 03, 2022

Vienna

 Of all the excursions, Vienna was definitely my favorite. Beautiful sights, good food, fascinating history, and incredible music: Vienna has it all. 

The museums that we went to were some of my favorites of the entire trip. The tour of the Fool's Tower was both incredibly interesting and very disconcerting. As we walked around and around, viewing the grotesque exhibitions, it was easy to imagine how a person could be driven to madness by wandering the halls. 

My other favorite was definitely the Museum of Natural History. First off, I love dinosaurs, so seeing dino fossils always makes me happy. Secondly, I was mind blown by the sheer size and quality of their collection. The wonder it inspired reminded me of being a little kid discovering science for the first time. 

Lastly, the group dinner and musical performance were awesome. The food was delicious and the restaurant was really cool. Also, seeing Bailee play the violin was an added bonus. 

Overall, Vienna is a city to which I definitely intend to return. 

 

No comments: