Monday, February 21, 2011

Peace out my German hommies!

As the semester is in full force, the sweet pace and joys of Germany are no longer on my radar. It is amazing that it has only been about a month since we have returned. I miss Nill's and I didn't think I would say it, but I even miss Chris inappropriatly shouting his name at the top of his lungs.

But for real though. I realized I don't get near as much excercise here as we did in Germany. All the walking to busses, touring cities and museums, and climbing stair cases provided a consistent mild cardio work out. Plus lugging all my bags around was giving me some mean shoulders too. =/ oh well. Back to having to be intentional and disciplined about staying healthy.

I can also tell a big difference in the food. Maybe its my imagination, but the food just seemed healthier there. I miss the brautwurst and sauerkraut, and the huge cherries they would serve at breakfest. The team has been able to go out and eat at this German restraunt since the trip. That was fun, and getting to see everyone back here in the states is nice. Its cool cause we see each other in passing quite a bit now. Nicole gets soo excited when she sees me, she makes me feel special. Thanks Nicole, you make me happy.

I am gratful for the experience and would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks Dr. Wasser and AIB for all the hardwork. Oh, let me not forget Joy. Goodbye German Chicks that we ditched new years eve (Gus and I are sorry, we really mourned you guys), we just didn't wanna get lost in Berlin! Goodbye angry German waitress (Mona I believe), sorry you brought us five pretzels when we really just needed 3. They were delicious though, seriously. Goodbye crazy dude that stole the mug from Haufbrauhouse from our Hostel, and your friend Paula from Brazil. You will be missed. Goodbye Museum tour guide who delighted in grosing out his tourists -- Oh and I, besides Hershey Squirts, I thought of another slang for Diarrea -- green apple two step. Goodbye Ali Baba! DUDE we searched all over Germany and Vienna, and you had the BEST KABABS! I love you man. Peace out Midevil Lady who was defiling that Cathedral in Prague. Your a pretty girl, please find some better work. Bye to all the overpriced souvenir shops and owners who get mad cause we don't speak German. You are a souvenir shop, think about your audience... Just sayin. Deuce to Hotel Alex. I think Gus was right, you are Gay friendly -- and did we ever figure out what the little metal trashcan things were in the bathroom? Later Ernst, thanks for keeping our keys at the desk in Vienna, and for hooking me up with breakfest at 4:00 in the morning before my bus to the airport. You rock and I hope Christ reveals himself to you. To the guys who sold us the Soviet Hats: After thinking about it for a few weeks, its true, you win, 20 euros is ridiculous, but those puppy's were warm and I'd let you rip me off again in a heartbeat. And Lastly, goodbye team, thanks for being awesome and gracious, I had a blast, tons of laughs, some regrets and a lot of grreat memories =)...

So I guess I'm chunkin' the deuce... Peace out for now my German homies!

No comments: