Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Post Europe

Well, I am sitting here in my townhouse, it's senior year, and its 2-3 months post my study abroad. I really enjoy being back here in College Station. It is amazing at some of the technology and things we have that we didn't have/ didn't need there. I get glued to my TV and my xbox, I'm obsessed with my laptop, and I drive my car like I'm 16 and just got my driver's license. Words cannot express what my study abroad trip meant to me. I learned so much about myself and interacting with others, and learned more about the profession I want to go into, and learned history (and I'm a history buff!) and learned more about this bigger world that goes on around us. For all of those (I used to be included) whose definition of the world = United States, wake up!) There's so much more! I would really, really like to go back to probably a Germany/ France combination trip for my honeymoon, or just a vacation, but with my significant other/ or wife at the time. The Mosel valley between Dusseldorf and Triere is amazing, and I think it'd be really neat to live there someday. I've learned alot about life, and I definitely think it's been just a big of an experience as college in it of itself. I really enjoy Dr. Wasser and Dr. Musser and think they make a great combination. I still keep up with the people I went abroad with. I think we shared something special together. I made sacrifices and I got homesick, and got tired of only talking to my girlfriend with a go bananas card instead of seeing her, but all in all, it was totally worth it. I don't think there's a thing I would change. I recommend this trip for anyone who wants to find themself personally, and career-wise, wants to make good friends, see the world, and have a blast doing it. Thanks so much and I'm so elated everything worked out that allowed me to go and be a part of it. So long Germany and the Rhine valley, I know it wont' be the last time I'm there.

No comments: